Thursday, February 10, 2011

About Me :)



Hey everyone! My name is Amanda and I am a freshman here at RIC. I live in Warwick and commute to school. RIC was my first choice school and I am very excited to start the education program as well as work towards the Feinstein School. Can't wait to be a teacher :)
My intended major is early childhood ed. combined with special ed. At first I was considering majoring in middle or high school English but last year I worked in an Autistic summer program and I fell in love with it. There were 7 boys, first and second graders, with various levels of Autism. We only needed 15hrs with a mentor but I ended up doing 47hrs because I enjoyed it so much. So needless to say those boys changed my whole outlook.
I absolutely love kids. I have always been around kids, starting from when I was young. My mom worked in a day care so we would go to work with her (this is probably where my desire to be a teacher comes from). I've been babysitting for 7 years and I spend as much time as possible with my niece and nephew who are 3yrs old and 2yrs old.
Other than babysitting, I work at the Dining Center on campus on the weekends, open to close both days.When I am not in class or working, I love hanging out with my friends and family. Whether it's shopping, movies, talking, or just hanging out- I just enjoy being with them. I'm a very easy going person and I just try to enjoy life.Sure it may not always go smoothly and I know I will screw up time to time but I just learn from my mistakes and move on. Live life to the fullest and live without regrets :)

No comments:

Post a Comment