Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shor: reflection

Shor is very question based. He urges teachers to encourage their students to question things. Question authority. Question why things are the way they are. Question opinions and views. Just don’t accept things blindly. I completely agree with him.
I also feel that although I labeled this a reflection post, I dedicate this article and post to Bogad and her FNED class. Before taking this course I often tended to take things as they were and just go with the flow. But now I have learned that it is okay to question things, in fact you should question almost everything if not everything in life. No longer do I just say alright whatever. I want to debate it. I want to have a conversation on it and I feel like I am this way because of FNED and Bogad. By no means is this a bad thing, its just something that resonated as soon as I looked at the article and the various posts related to it.
I don’t know about anyone else but after taking this course, I feel that I know a lot more about the kind of teacher that I want to be. I will definitely think of this article while continuing service learning, student teaching as well as when I am in my own classroom because I feel that it has a strong focal point. It is extremely important in my opinion to get kids to question things around them so I completely agree with Shor. I feel that we should take nothing for what it is- there is always a deeper and more complex level- and that we should always question where we stand and what we believe because things can change in the blink of an eye and so can our views.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. Can't wait to see the teacher you become!! :)

    ReplyDelete