Friday, November 15, 2013

About Me

My name is Amanda and I am a Youth Development major here, at RIC. I was originally attending RIC to be an elementary/special ed teacher but I changed my major my junior year because I decided that although I know I want to work with kids, I also know that I do not necessarily want that to be within the confines of a classroom. I want to help kids learn and grow but I think that can be accomplished in so many other ways instead of with a book and a sheet of a paper with a pencil.
I am one of four children, 3 biological. My older sister is cousin by blood but my aunt could not take care of her so my mom adopted her before I was born. So I have always grown up with her as my sister. My parents are divorced and I think that has had a HUGE impact on who I am and what I want for my future. I have experienced many things throughout my life but I choose to live by the motto: " what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I try to live life without regrets and learn from things that could have gone better. I tend to not see things as mistakes if I learn from them because then in that case they are lessons. Things may not happen as I had planned but that does not make them mistakes.... Other than that, I am an open book so if anyone ever wants to ask questions I am rarely hesitant to answer them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment